Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Alas, Poor Yarrow.

Okay, so I didn't plant any yarrow this year, but "alas, poor impatiens" doesn't fit.

We officially had the first freeze last night.  Indeed, as I write this, it's just 29 degrees, with today's forecast high to be only 35.  It's going to be a mighty chilly walk to the library this afternoon!  That's better than this weekend, though, with sleet and snow in the forecast.  At least I don't have to drive to work in it or, indeed, shovel it!

I've done some packing.  All my fragile owls (those I hadn't already deposited in my mom's basement) are boxed up.  My smaller pictures are bubble-wrapped and put in boxes.  I'm trying to pack my non-essential stuff first, so I could dump that in my mom's basement as well, and have less to move to wherever.  If there is a wherever.  But if it's that non-essential (I haven't even opened some of those boxes on my closet shelf), why do I even have it?

I had thought of schlepping my stuff to my mom's this week, and beat the weekend weather, but I'd rather conserve money by not using gasoline, so I'll just wait until Thanksgiving.  By then, though, will I have too many boxes to fit in my car for just one trip?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home