Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Insert Periodic Tech Failure Here

When I booted up my computer this evening, I observed that my preferred web browser reset its settings -- but not my bookmarks.  My favorite game kept my persona -- but not my points total nor my extra goodies.  Then, as I tried to share with you an online quiz (and contest entry), I couldn't go back to my result.  I shall piece together the result as best I can.

Which Icelandic Yule Lad Are You?

(They don't exactly fit in with the Icelandic Literature and Norse Mythology course I took in college, but it surprises me that the professor didn't mention these fellows at all.)

You got Þvörusleikir (Spoon-Licker)!

Spoon-Licker comes down from the mountains on December 15. This Lad sneaks into the houses and licks the wooden spoons used to scrape the pots. Just like Spoon-Licker, you don’t let anything go to waste and are happy to take care of the leftovers or clean up after others!

True, I don't let anything go to waste, but I'm not happy to clean up after others.  That seems to be an unfortunately large percentage of my job (and past jobs, in fact), and I'm sick and tired of doing it.  Why can't everyone pick up after themselves?  Whatever happened to respect for others?  Whatever happened to personal responsibility?  Brother, when I'm done licking your spoons, you don't want to know what I'm going to do with them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home