Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

First and Last Steps

I got a call today!  I am to be interviewed for a supervisory position in the City of Albuquerque's Open Space division of the parks department.

Yeah, I wondered about that, too.  After all, aren't all parks open space?  Do they maybe mean anything outside a building, like outside of a natatorium or rec. center?

I finally thought of looking them up online before I returned the call, so I wouldn't sound like an absolute dolt asking what they mean by "open space".  Here's a map that shows the areas I'd need to be concerned about.  My mom's house is just about at the tip of the arrow pointing to Bear Canyon, and I already think it's a long drive to the red areas like Gutierrez Canyon.  That'll be quite a jog to Quail Ranch, then, won't it?

But the universe hates imbalance, so my happiness at getting a positive response to one of my job applications was tempered by the arrival of my final paycheck -- which actually is just half a paycheck, since I left halfway through a pay cycle.  Yes, I definitely need to get out of here before I go into the red.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home