Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Little Excitement Never Hurt Anybody (Else)

Because two of the school's borders are major thoroughfares in The Noog, it is quite common to hear the sirens of emergency vehicles at any hour of the day or night. However, when I was returning home the other day, I realized that, not only were the sirens not diminishing as they passed by, they were getting louder.

I looked down the road. "Holy crap!" I exclaimed. "They're coming up my street!" I was ready to trade the door key in my hand for my cell phone, so I could alert campus security, but one of them was already on the scene.

It was a false alarm -- a really stupid false alarm. Still, it's good to know that four fire engines will show up even if you don't need them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home