Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, August 06, 2010

Monsoon Season

I know it's not my fault, but I wonder if some of my effect on the weather has lingered. After hot (for the Noog) days, we've had evening thunderstorms. Considering the time of year, I wonder if New Mexico's "monsoon season" is being felt here in the South.

I heard thunder and saw lightning between my apartment and the bowling alley, but it didn't start raining until I got inside -- and got stuck next to the student body of a private high school from a Nashville suburb. (As if I don't get enough of that the rest of the year?) As you might expect, the spoiled brats didn't bother racking their balls after they finished, but the brighter side (warning: irony ahead) was the two times the power went out while we were there. When's the last time that happened to you -- twice?

After that, I ate dinner at Gollywhoppers, the sandwich shop with the great name but the nothing-special food. Then I returned to Idiotville so I could exchange the male-end hose connection I bought for a smaller size. (Note that when I bought one in NM, I had to exchange it for a larger size, so I apparently am incapable of judging the size of a hose if it's not labeled.)

While I was at the big-box home store, I did my good deed for the day. A customer ahead of me was trying to return four, five-gallon size Leyland Cypress, one of which was dead. (That is not your esteemed Capn C. in the photo.) She naively asked if I knew anything about plants. "Why, yes! I got my degree in horticulture." After she left, satisfied with my answers, I told the clerk she most likely didn't water the trees enough.

To finish off this post, why not enjoy a song about last night's thunderstorm?



If you're so inclined (or from the South), you can search Youtube for a line dance video of this song, or even an anime-style linedance video.

1 Comments:

At 5:03 AM, August 06, 2010 , Blogger Betty said...

There's got to be a dirty joke to be made about your insufficiently small male-end hose connection here. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home