Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ho Li Zhit

Does that look Chinese enough to pass the censors? Japanese? Korean?

There was no fortune cooky involved last night. I'm not sure any cooky could've predicted this. (And, if it had, I would so play those lottery numbers on the back!)

I had an awesome night at bowling last night. I was on fire -- except my teammate, the fireman from Fort O., wouldn't hose me down because he wanted to win. We did. Big time. In my best game, the guy who was tabulating the scores said our team won "scratch" (before adding the handicap). We won all three games and total pins. Not bad for the team in last place. Narf!

For my "worst" game, I bowled 11 pins above my average. My other two games were both above my highest score ever. My series (sum of the three game scores) was more than 150 pins higher than average. I've dreamt fondly of breaking 500; last night's was well over that. After being wiped off the top three for high handicap series months ago, I suddenly placed myself at number one for the high handicap game. If I hadn't missed that last pin in the last frame of the first game, our team's handicap series would've tied for first. (Second place isn't bad, either.) Poit!

I was so close to my first "perfect" (all "marks") game; if we had been playing nine-pin no-tap, it would have been a 300 game. I had five (count 'em: five) strikes in a row. Egad!

Ready for it? Breathe deeply now. (You're going to need that breath to scream for me.)

My average is (was?) 141. My highest game was (was) 189. I bowled (in this order): 226, 158, 193, for a series of 577. Fjord!

The saying is, "Save the best for last." Apparently, I took that to heart because last night was the final competition bowl. Next week, we're doing a "roll off". I wonder if I can bowl this well two weeks in a row.

1 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, May 20, 2010 , Blogger Betty said...

Go you! You crazy bowling maniac you! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home