Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, May 27, 2010

I could buy 15,700 thoughts.

Actually, I could buy more than that, considering the phrase is, "A penny for your thoughts," in the plural.

Last night was the last night of our bowling season. (Fear not, I'll bowl in the summer, too!) I didn't bowl as well as last week, but I did surpass my average (which I had knocked up a pin because of last week) greatly. (I think I found exactly where to put my feet in starting position, and I have a general idea of how to move, so I'll use this summer to practice.)

It was cake night. Oh yeah, there were awards, too. :) I won the men's most improved average (10 pins) for the season. The prize was a refrigerator magnet (or, I suppose, an anyplace magnet) from the U.S. Bowling Congress. The league treasurer said I was submitted for two other awards (because of last week), but they hadn't arrived yet.

Each league member also received a portion of the prize fund, depending on where his/her team was ranked. We were dead last -- but, in our defense, we started later in the season, so we had fewer chances to win in the first place. (Incidentally, we won the roll-off last night, so we placed third for the season.)

So now the question becomes, "What should I do with my prize money and the 50/50 raffle winnings from earlier this season?"

I could save it and pay for 11 nights of bowling next season (and have three dollars left over). I could buy books (which I donate to the school library after I read them). I could treat myself to a fancy dinner (although, judging from how I object to the prices at average restaurants, why should I pay this much for a steak?). I could buy twenty weekly cheesesteaks (and have $4.40 left over), but that treat is expected and budgeted for, so I should spend the money on something special or unexpected. I could buy sheets for my new bed. (Note to self: buy new bed.) I could pay for some bowling, some books, and some cheesesteaks.

Any suggestions? I'll listen to whatever you offer, no matter how screwy.

1 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, May 27, 2010 , Blogger Betty said...

I vote for books. But then, I would, wouldn't I?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home