Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bleeding head wounds happen in threes, right?

If that's the case, I'm owed one more.

On Saturday, when I was helping Thing One rearrange moving boxes in her basement (and carrying the few with stuff she actually needs and has room for upstairs), I neglected to duck on the way up the stairs and bashed my head pretty good against the edge of the ceiling/wall above the stairwell*. (They should've padded that in addition to all the low-hanging pipes in the basement.)

Yesterday, while removing my groceries from the trunk of her car, I struck my head against the edge of the latch/license plate area. I think there was less blood than on the weekend, but it hurt a heck of a lot more.

Maybe that's what I get for hanging around with Thing One so much.


* If there is an afterlife, I think I will find all architects and contractors who did not provide enough head clearance over stairs, pick them up, and bash their heads against the ceiling. That sounds like one of the circles of Hell to me. (In fact, it might be a circle of Hell for me, too, since lifting all those people sounds suspiciously like exercise.)

2 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, August 01, 2011 , Anonymous Robomarkov said...

I still have a dark spot under my toenail. Thing One seems to have this penchant for some minor harm to come to those around her.

 
At 5:28 AM, August 02, 2011 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

On the brighter side, she gets me out of the house a lot more often.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home